These delicious biscuits are great for a mid-afternoon snack. They are packed with fibre and nutrients for a quick pick-me-up.
- 50 ml olive oil (or other oil)
- 20g Butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut, desiccated
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter, oil and syrup over a gentle heat, add bicarb soda dissolved in water.
- Pour into mixed dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop tablespoons onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Space 5 cm apart to allow room for spreading.
- Bake in a slow over at 150 deg C for 20 minutes or until browned.
Tip: For crisp biscuits, leave in oven for additional 10-15 minutes after turning off the oven. Cool on the tray for a few minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once cooled. Makes 25