This salad a great as a side or as a main with the addition of a bit more protein. Great to boost your energy and provide nutrients to help lower blood pressure.
- 1 cup Lentils (French style lentils).
- 3 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp Seeded mustard.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- Iodised salt and pepper to taste.
- 450g baby beetroot, drained and halved.
- 1 small red onion finely chopped.
- 1 cup baby spinach, washed.
- ½ cup chopped parsley.
- ½ cup chopped coriander.
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare and cook lentils according to packet instructions.
- Combine olive oil, seeded mustard, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper and pour over warm lentils and lightly toss.
- In a separate bowl in a separate bowl combine the dressed lentils, baby beetroots, red onion, spinach, parsley, and coriander.
- Top with crumbled feta serve either warm or cold.
Nutrition per serve = 170g
Energy 1200kJ, Protein 12.5 g, Total fats 13.5 g, Sat fat 3.7 g, Carbohydrates 23 g, Sugar 8.7 g, Fibre 8.4g,